Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Reduce; reuse; recycle

Such a good motto. I have been drinking more water in the past week, because of a new program (falling under the "reuse" category) in which I fill old whiskey bottles up with water and bring them to my room so that I don't have to go downstairs for water, thereby increasing my water intake. Then, eventually, I recycle them when the time is right and I feel like I need to change it up a little. Still working on the third part, though. Wish me luck.

I'm branching out on this grant now, encompassing pretty much all living Irish composers. I just think that a broader topic will lead to a better project, especially in allowing me to follow leads which develop along the way.

Had another dinner party last night. Fresh pita, hummus, tabouleh, soup, and some other store-bought dips. More pudding, but vanilla this time. Never gets old. David requested a cast list last week ("I checked your blog, and you listed the recipes but not us."): David, Niamh, Julia, Kate, Paula, Francis, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. I feel pretty bad about this. Anyway, pretty nice time.

The Crash Ensemble plays again next Sunday. Also, the UNESCO International Rostrum of Composers is being held here from July 9-13, and the Crash Ensemble is playing on June 10. I've heard two of the five pieces they're playing, and the other three composers are excellent. So, try to stop by. Buy your tickets today.

I wrote a country/blues song about Ezra Pound. The chorus goes "Ezra Pound come home, Ezra Pound come home, Ezra Pound come home to Idaho." If you come to Dublin you can hear it.

2 comments:

nancy said...

NyTimes had an article about the reuse bags at grocery stores in Dublin--how public opinion (and a hefty tax) quashed those throw away bags. No mention of reusing whiskey bottles, however.

joy said...

I love how, if you follow your plan, you will also be drinking more whiskey. Nicely done.