Friday, May 23, 2008

Review session

On a sunny day like today, the spaces between the houses grow smaller, and the lady on the left suns herself in shorts, reading The Sun, while the construction workers on the right chisel shingles off the neighbor's roof and into our garden. The dog (left) is strangely quiet, either dead or deciding to take a break from its unnecessary and yet dedicated barking.

I, however, am studying for the first time in two or three weeks, and having a tough time with it. Keep in mind that the last time I was working was also the last time I posted something here: try to find a pattern. I re-read the beginning and the end of one of the novels for class (What Are You Like? by Anne Enright), and I highly recommend this practice. Granted, I'm studying like mad after getting my computer working again (power adapter, Madrid) but let's be honest, studying "like mad" is for me like how I do anything else "like mad"--that is, maybe disappointed or a little annoyed, but far from mad.

Let's just review:

1. I finished my score for the string quartet, "Wallace," still looking for players
2. I went to Madrid, got sunburned, left my power adapter there
3. Cousin Adam visited, took a cousin photo on top of Bray Head south of Dublin
4. Played Super Nintendo games on my computer
5. Felt guilty for not studying Community in Contemporary Irish Literature

Yes, this will be on the exam.

1 comment:

nancy said...

so glad to catch up. post the cousin photo?