Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gas Tax Holiday

I figured, call them in the afternoon my time, because how many people are making credit card fraud claims at four in the morning? Apparently enough to keep me on hold for a while. Not that I have anything else to do, while Mozart or something equally vile is playing in the background, and I am adding my own special layer on it with my multi-oscillator software synthesizer and two-octave keyboard. It's something in E major, and it's been going on for ages. I think it's a rondo, either that or it's just on a continuous loop.

7:56

Someone has been using my debit card to buy gas in Beaumont, which I thought meant the Beaumont Shell Station just up the street (near Beaumont Hospital) but which apparently means Beaumont, California, seeing as how whoever it is drove to Pomona, and unless it's an amphibious craft (which would explain why they guy spends $450 on gas in a week) it doesn't look like he lives in Dublin.

12:52

Pretty sure this is Chopin, probably early Chopin, because it still has the minor-key arpeggiated bass with some rocking tuplets in the right hand.

15:28

Turns out it's my OTHER debit card, which I had never cancelled, so I get to keep this one. Good news, although now we're up to about $540 in charges. I'm starting to support Hilary's gas tax holiday.

22:00 or so

Well, getting that credited back to my account temporarily. Plus I get to sign an affidavit and mail it back to them, and keep my current debit card. So, back to programming synthesizers to make weird noises. I found a sweet vocoder effect, but more on that later.

No comments: