Sunday, October 14, 2007

Preview: sounds like "Birds in the gulf - Boo, the nice louse"

Instead of giving you my book list all at once, it will be slowly revealed to you.

Henry James - Turn of the Screw: good lecture, talked about how the "reality" of the ghosts doesn't matter because the narration is all that exists.
Katherine Mansfield - Selected Stories: I think it's Prelude, some "Je ne" French title, and two others. For Wednesday.

I'm feverish, can't sleep, and blogging. That's like three sicknesses at once. I hacked and coughed all through work today. A huge group of foreign tourists came in 10 minutes before closing, and it took an hour and a half to get cleaned up. That's 9 1/2 hours straight. More than I go to school. I just figure I'll make enough money by December and then quit.

I saw the Crash Ensemble (Donnacha Dennehy is the artistic director) last night for their 10th anniversary show. They also played from noon until 10:30 tonight. Insane. Just an assault on aurality. I don't even think that's a word. But it's almost an anagram of "reality" so I have to keep it.

www.crashensemble.com - I know, I'm getting lazy.

Also, first one to guess the book in the title gets cake.

5 comments:

nancy said...

is it an anagram? i want to say To Kill a Mockingbird (obviously not an anagram), only because of the bird and boo. you're in a country with socialized medicine, aren't you? get some. get well.

Andrew said...

No. Entirely wrong. More abstract. Also, Ireland doesn't have totally free medicine. It costs some money or something. I'm not really sure and I hope I don't have to find out.

molls said...

how does the reality of the ghosts not matter?! the reality/lack thereof gives you the entire frame by which to judge the governess' narration! if their reality doesn't matter, that's like saying that her complete and total insanity doesn't matter!
also - I hope you feel better soon.

Andrew said...

I only respond to comments that include guesses.

molls said...

unh. jerk.