Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bye, bye Miss American Pie

...is the song that Alessandro, the very tall Italian man was singing, in a country accent, behind the espresso bar today. Apparently, in his version, they drink "whiskey and wine."

Bewley's, as a new person, is pretty funny at this moment in time. First of all, the ownership has changed hands around three dozen times in the past year. Second, the management has changed almost as often. So, the new owner came by this morning, saw the disorganized, chaotic mess
that it was, and called a meeting. I didn't have to go, because I'm new, so I just stayed behind the bar and served customers. Moral of the story: everyone is stressed out because someone's getting sacked. It's like a reality show, except there aren't eleven million people watching. But I'm working all week, 30 hours or so, so that's good.

While I have no friends yet, I feel like I might soon. Maybe by the end of the week. I mean, don't put bets on it, but it's a possibility. Until then I'll just keep to my Beckett and Cormac McCarthy.

No comments: