Sunday, September 30, 2007

Surprisingly mundane

No friends yet, but I feel some in the wings.

After work the other night the manager pulled us pints of Murphy's (Guinness's nitrogenated cousin) and we hung around and talked for a while. The guy who runs the Bewley's Cafe Theatre is a jazz bassist, graduate of Trinity, so I might try to be his friend. I'm working almost 40 hours next week, as well as doing orientation activities, so it might be a long week.

Today I played piano for the second time in three weeks. The first time was at a music store, when I just sat down and played for a while, but this time was in Bewley's Cafe Theatre. I found out that they have a piano there all the time, so now I might just practice whenever I can. It wasn't an unordinary experience, except in its mundanity. That sentence makes no logical sense, but when you travel to a foreign country and all your habits are broken and you find a way to reconnect with those habits in some extraordinary circumstance you'll understand.

Orientation tomorrow. Hopefully the Jazz Society has a booth that I can assault.

No comments: