Friday, September 28, 2007

Not quite awake at 2 p.m.

So, the job just got a bit better, in the sense that free things make something better. A large part of the Cafe is a restaurant called Cafe Bar Deli, a light Italian-style restaurant with good food and a relatively casual feel. But what I didn't know is that during closing they feed all their workers--gourmet pizzas, pretty salads, pasta dishes--so, naturally, the Bewley's employees just walk up there and take some food for ourselves. Also, at the end of the night, I took a loaf of black bread. I mean, the Hungarian man said I could. Small payment for having to ride my bike back at midnight.

Really, that is almost all that I've been able to do lately. Working from 3-midnight or 5-midnight makes it tough to get up very early, and I'm just waiting until I register next week. So, until then.

1 comment:

nancy said...

it's 55 and rainy here today
a nice change for us