Thursday, April 17, 2008

Meine kleine something.

I just like that phrase "Meine kleine." So, found a hostel after not sleeping all night and walking for four hours in the rain around Berlin, totally lost, from Alexander Platz to around Potsdamer Platz. The place has free wireless internet, which is good because I'll have to find a new place tomorrow night, since this one is booked up. Pretty cool, though, the uncertainty and all.

I took some excellent samples of the train ride from the airport, about two minutes of just ambient train noise. Each time we went through a tunnel the pitch of the whole train changed, so I'm thinking I could just layer them and get some weird noises. Check for more eventually.

Yes, I brought my computer, and I'm kind of glad. First of all, the hostel has free wifi, and it gives me something to do while resting. Also, my shoes are soaked and I haven't slept for sechtsundzwölf uhr or so. It's not that heavy, anyway. Makes you friends, this guy just asked to use it to look something up. So, heading to Kreutzberg to have some proper dinner or something. Maybe find an electro-noise club somewhere. Wish me glück.

No comments: