Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pictures 1: Berlin, in general

I'm separating these into different posts, so make sure you check out all of the recent ones. Berlin in general, Treptow park, and the Wall. At that point, about day 4, my memory card was full and I had forgotten both my camera cable and my charger, so that's all you get.


The first picture I took, getting off the train at Alexanderplatz. Really not that exciting.


"All Art Has Been Contemporary" it says, in English, in neon, at the front of one of the museums. I didn't go in, because I was tired, but I loved that neon sign in front of an art gallery.


Pierre Boulez, taking his eighth curtain call or something. I circled him, because it got a bit blurry and you may not know which one he is. He's very old.


Two buildings, so Berlin. One is perfectly kept, the other is lovingly bohemian. This was near one of the contemporary art galleries.


You can see the TV tower of Alexanderplatz in the background, the most visible achievement of GDR Berlin. This was near the Wall, at the train station.


A train. I like the color, and the industrial buildings (actually minimalist electro clubs) in the background.


Another train. Abstract.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

nice shots, andrew. you brought a good camera with you, didn't you.